Blog Purposes Assignment
Here is the "What is a Blog video"
There are three main purposes that we will be looking at as we investigate Blogs:
When you are writing to inform, you are presenting information that the reader is interested in. Writing purely for the sake of information should avoid bias and be objective.
Persuading writing usually tries to convince the reader of a fact or point of view. This kind of writing can include reasons that support an idea, or rather information presented with bias to convince the reader of the writer's view.
Writing designed to entertain creates and emotion in the reader. Entertaining writing is usually funny, interesting, or even sad. It is created so that the reader will enjoy what is written.
On a piece of paper, answer the following:
1) What is a Blog?
2) Explain the difference between a Blog and Post
3) Check out the following Blogs. For each:
Explain which is the PRIMARY purpose of the BLog (Inform, Persuade, Entertain)
- 1. http://www.engadget.com/
- 2. http://lifehacker.com/
- 3. http://gizmodo.com/
- 4. http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/
- 5. http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/
- 6. http://popeater.com/
- 7. http://redstate.com/
- 8. http://www.sportsn.info/
- 12. http://www.michaelmoore.com/blogger/mmflint/
- 13. http://weblog.greenpeace.org/
- 14. http://www.1000awesomethings.com/